Over the years I was happy to receive a few professional awards. The most important ones are listed below:
• NIMA 2010
• NIMA Prisen from NIMA (Norwegian Purchasing Association) for outstanding contribution to the field.
• IFPMM 2003
• Hans Ovelgonne Award, International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management, for outstanding contribution to the profession.
Best Paper Awards
• 2014 IPSERA CONFERENCE Best academic paper
Sumo, R., Van der Valk, W. , Van Weele, A.J. and Bode, Chr. (2014), Fostering Incremental and Radical Innovation through Performance Based Contracting in Inter-Organizational Relationships, IPSERA Conference, working paper, University of South Africa, Pretoria, 16-18th April, 19 pp. download
• 2011 IPSERA CONFERENCE Best academic paper for business practitioners
Boudewijn A. Driedonks, Josette M.P. Gevers,Mariann Jelinek, Arjan J. van Weele, ‘Management’s blind spot: Effects of team performance and teamwork behavior on perceived functional diversity appropriateness’, In: Rozemeijer, F. (Ed), Vision 20/20 - Preparing Today for Tomorrow’s Challenges, 20th IPSERA Conference, Proceedings, Maastricht, 11-13th April 2011, pp. 111-135. download
• 2010 IPSERA CONFERENCE Best academic paper for business practitioners
Prize winning paper IPSERA Conference: ‘Best academic paper for business practitioners’. Kibbeling, M.I, Van der Bij, H., Van Weele, A.J. en Di Benedetto, A.C, ‘CSR orientation as a guiding principle for innovativeness: a supply chain perspective’, 19th IPSERA Conference, Lappeenranta, Finland, 17-19th May, 2010, Conference Proceedings, pp.250-269. download
• NIMA Norway 2010
NIMA Award from NIMA (Norwegian Purchasing Association) for his outstanding contribution to the field.
• EIPM 2003
‘Best Professor of the Year’ by the students of the International Purchasing and Supply Management MBA-program, European Institute for Purchasing Management (EIPM),Geneva.
• Best Teacher Award, Faculty Technology Management, Eindhoven University of Technology (2002,2003,2004,2005,2006).